Animus sentence example
- He shows considerable animus against John Wycliffe and the Lollards.
- The misguided animus of the impeachment as a piece of partisan politics was soon very generally admitted; and the importance of its failure, in securing the continued power and independence of the presidential element in the constitutional system, can hardly be over-estimated.
- A certain animus against Joab's family thus seems to underlie some of the popular narratives of the life of David (q.v.).
- For some, this " solution " is motivated by an anti-white animus.
- And it is this lack of ideological clash that robs the conflict in Iraq of a political animus.Advertisement
- Dr Chalmers' action throughout the Free Church controversy was so consistent in its application of Christian principle and so free from personal or party animus, that his writings are a valuable source for argument and illustration on the question of Establishment.
- It does not identify Paul with Simon Magus, but it serves to reveal an animus which would render the identification easy.
- Fromm has borne a long standing animus against minorities and immigrants who do not fit into his profile of what Canada should look like.
- Having said all that, let me make it clear that I have no personal animus toward Professor Pinker.
- It contains diverse interests and changing standpoints by which it is possible to explain the presence of purely southern tradition, the southern treatment of national history, and the antipathy to northern claims. As has already been mentioned, the specifically southern writings have everywhere been modified or adjusted to other standpoints, or have been almost entirely subordinated, and it is noteworthy, therefore, that in narratives elsewhere which reflect rivalries and conflicts among the priestly families, there is sometimes an animus against those whose names and traditions point to a southern origin (see Levites).Advertisement
- Francis, who had been the early friend of Burke, supplied him with the personal animus against Hastings, and with the knowledge of detail, which he might otherwise have lacked.
- No one of Voltaire's works shows his antireligious or at least anti-ecclesiastical animus more strongly.
- Every woman bus an animus; it's your internal male counterpart, just as every man has an anima.
- I have no particular animus toward you, or wish to get you into danger.
- In phrasing his advertisement as he did, Mr Combs is only pretending to be voicing anti-white animus.Advertisement