Animates sentence example
- A related set of concerns animates Bourdieu and Wacquant's recent critique of cultural studies, which they call ' the new global Vulgate ' .
- The stage of Geist reveals the consciousness no longer as critical and antagonistic but as the indwelling spirit of a community, as no longer isolated from its surroundings but the union of the single and real consciousness with the vital feeling that animates the community.
- As Dr Sanday finely says, " If the church is in something more than mere metaphor the Body of Christ, if there is circulating through it a continual flow and return of spiritual forces, derived directly from him, if the Spirit which animates the Body is one, then the Body itself also must be in essence one.
- A related set of concerns animates Bourdieu and Wacquant's recent critique of cultural studies, which they call ' the new global vulgate '.
- The promise of new toys on Christmas morning animates the children.Advertisement
- The witch was known for creating a spell that animates the dead.
- Her passion for civil rights animates her study of the law.
- Putting together a person out of spare parts, intending it to be a work of great beauty, he animates the construction, but is revolted by its ultimate appearance.
- The nature and extent of his studies, the solidity of his work, and the philosophic spirit which animates both, explain the enthusiasm with which the earlier volumes of Bancroft were received.
- Spencer attempts to account for the state of mind (the foundation of myths) in which man personifies and animates all phenomena.Advertisement
- Every morning he worshipped the sun in public, as being the representative of the divine soul that animates the universe, while he was himself worshipped by the ignorant multitude.