Andropogon sentence example
- It was the Calamus aromaticus of the medieval druggists and perhaps of the ancients, though the latter has been referred by some to the Citron grass, Andropogon Nardus.
- The spice "Calamus" or "Sweet-cane" of the Scriptures, one of the ingredients of the holy anointing oil of the Jews, was perhaps one of the fragrant species of Andropogon.
- They however occur in a whole section of Andropogon, in Anomochloa, and at the base of the spike in Sesleria.
- Many are savanna grasses, in various parts of the tropics, for instance the large genus Andropogon, Elionurus and others.
- Other aromatic members are Andropogon Nardus, a native of India, but also cultivated, the rhizome, leaves and especially the spikelets of which contain a volatile oil, which on distillation yields the citronella oil of commerce.Advertisement