Androgen sentence example
- The goal of treatment for CAH is to return the androgen levels to normal.
- Combined androgen blockade should not be used routinely based on current evidence.
- In prostate cancer patients, it may be used for patients with bone mineral loss associated with androgen deprivation.
- The researchers studied the gene for the androgen receptor, which is located on the X-chromosome.
- Most men would probably welcome a " drug holiday " and a rest from the adverse effects of androgen suppression.Advertisement
- High levels of androgen cause excess sebum to form.
- An increase in the male hormone androgen during puberty (seen in both males and females) causes the sebaceous glands to overproduce androgen.
- Anti-androgens, drugs that inhibit androgen production, are used to treat women who are unresponsive to other therapies.
- Acne is caused by the overproduction of sebum during puberty when high levels of the male hormone androgen cause excess sebum to form.
- Some, but not all, are due to inadequate androgen stimulation.Advertisement
- Some boys have adequate amounts of androgen in their system but fail to respond to them, a condition known as androgen resistance.
- Congenital adrenal hyperplasia (CAH) is a genetic disorder characterized by a deficiency in the hormones cortisol and aldosterone and an over-production of the hormone androgen.
- However, there is a difference in the way that the male hormone androgen is metabolized (processed) between the sexes.
- The increased androgen can originate from the ovaries, or the adrenal glands, or from medication.
- This procedure, called castration or orchiectomy, removes androgen stimulation from the whole body.Advertisement
- Androgen receptor blockade might be potentiated by a reduction of serum androgen receptor blockade might be potentiated by a reduction of serum androgens.
- During puberty, there are increased levels of the male hormone androgen.
- This implies that androgen action is not required to maintain the capacity for erection.