Andaman-islands sentence example
- The land area of the Andaman Islands is 2 508 sq.
- In 1872 the 6th earl was murdered in the Andaman Islands when viceroy of India.
- In 1796 it was made a penal settlement, and 700 convicts were transferred thither from the Andaman Islands.
- India retains association as the system most suitable for its criminal classes, with other methods generally abandoned in Great Britain, such as the employment of wellconducted prisoners as auxiliaries in prison discipline and service; deportation is still the penalty for the worst offences and is carried out on a large scale and with satisfactory results in the Andaman Islands.
- There are also dependencies, or protectorates, attached to India, Baluchistan, Sikkim and Andaman Islands.Advertisement
- Specimens of another species have been found under stones between tide marks in the Andaman Islands.
- While engaged in exploring with his own eyes the furthest corners of the empire, he fell by the hand of an assassin in the convict settlement of the Andaman islands in 1872.