Amt sentence example
- South of the Arctic circle they are, under ordinary circumstances, confined to the plateaus covered with dwarf birch and juniper above the conifer-region, though in Tromso amt and in Finmarken they occur in all suitable localities down to the level of the sea.
- For administrative purposes the country is divided into eighteen counties (Amter, singular Amt), as follows.
- As Ptolemy seems to have regarded the district north of the Liimfjord (Limfjord) as a group of islands, the territory of the Cimbri, the northernmost tribe of the peninsula, would be included in the modern county (Amt) of Aalborg.
- The Faeroes form an amt (county) of Denmark.
- Other towns of the name of Nykjobing in Denmark are (1) on Limfjord in Thisted amt (pop. 449 2); and (2) in Zealand, Holbaek amt (pop. 2000).Advertisement