Amniotomy sentence example
- This is an invasive procedure that requires the rupture of membranes (amniotomy) and is associated with occasional complications.
- Generally the insertion of a fetal scalp electrode is a safe procedure, but it may occasionally cause umbilical cord prolapse or infection due to early amniotomy.
- In an amniotomy your care provider will artificially rupture your membranes.
- Try to minimize the need for interventions like an amniotomy (artificially rupturing the bag of waters), continuous fetal monitoring, and internal monitoring.
- Your baby's heart rate can be affected by the contractions, his/her movements, and interventions such as narcotics, an epidural, or an amniotomy (rupturing your membranes).Advertisement
- Sometimes, women are in labor before the water breaks and a procedure called amniotomy may be performed.