Ammonium-nitrate sentence example
- Tetramorphism is exhibited by ammonium nitrate.
- Heating or exposure to sunlight reduces it to the red oxide; it fires when ground with sulphur, and oxidizes ammonia to nitric acid, with the simultaneous formation of ammonium nitrate.
- It is an amorphous solid, insoluble in water, but its solubility is increased in the presence of ammonium nitrate.
- They are mostly distinguished by special trade names, and are mainly of two classes - those containing ammonium nitrate and nitrobenzene or nitronaphthalene, and those containing nitroglycerin and nitrocellulose, which are essentially weak dynamites.
- The leaflet offers some practical help and guidance for sites, such as quarries, that use ammonium nitrate for blasting.Advertisement
- The reaction required heating ammonium nitrate and was quite simple in nature.