Amis sentence example
- The members of the club preserved the title of Amis de la Constitution, as being a sufficient indication of the line they intended to pursue.
- A " Societe des Amis des Noirs " was formed in Paris in 1788 for the abolition, not only of the slave trade, but of slavery itself.
- Jundt (Les Amis de Dieu, 1879) shared Preger's view that the Friend was a great unknown who lived in or near Chur (Coire) in Switzerland.
- Gaullieur in the same review in 1857, and all the available material is utilized in a monograph on her and her work by P. Godet, Madame de Charriere et ses amis (2 vols., Geneva, 1906).
- See also the latter's Rousseau et ses amis (1865).Advertisement
- The plot of the medieval romance of Amis and Amiles is built entirely on such a brotherhood.
- It is said that he personally suggested to Pascal to try his hand, and that the first of the famous Provinciales (Provincial Letters, properly Lettres ecrites par Louis de Montalte ¢ un provincial de ses amis) was written in a few days, or, less probably, in a day.
- I promise I will be back one day to see you all again, mes chers amis.
- Such faux amis, however, are soon recognized.
- In the interview Amis described Deller as ' genial, straightforward, considerate, clear-eyed ' and ' charmingly uxorious ' .Advertisement
- In January 1790 he collaborated with Malouet in founding the Club des Impartiaux and the Journal des Impartiaux, the names of which were changed in November to the Societe des Amis de la ConstitutionMonarchique and Journal de la Societe, £.9'c., in order to emphasize their opposition to the Jacobins (Societe des Amis de la Constitution).
- In the interview Amis described Deller as ' genial, straightforward, considerate, clear-eyed ' and ' charmingly uxorious '.
- On this second visit he became acquainted with some of the leading Abolitionists, and founded later in Paris a Societe des Amis des Noirs, of which he was president during 1790 and 1791.
- About 1820 he united some patriotic friends into a society, called Amis de la verite.