Amirate sentence example
- After the break up of the empire of Rum, Konia became a secondary city of the amirate of Karamania and in part fell to ruin.
- From the beginning of the 17th century Adel suffered greatly from the ravages of pagan Galla tribes, and Harrar sank to the position of an amirate of little importance.
- Arabia, was growing in power, and throwing in its lot with the Osmanli invaders in the reign of Selim I., it was promoted to the supreme amirate about 1517.
- The Shehab family, originally Hira Arabs, which had governed Hauran under the early caliphs of Damascus, and thereafter held power in Hermon, intermarried with the Maan; and in the latter's day of weakness sided with the Kaisi faction and obtained the supreme amirate of the Mountain.
- From this state of anarchy the amirate was saved by Abdurrahman III.Advertisement
- It became the port of the Aidin amirate.