Ambit sentence example
- Dr. Gall said: " Unions have worked successfully to extend the ambit of union recognition.
- The proposed new law would have a very wide ambit.
- The Trade Marks Act 1994 has widened the ambit of protection significantly.
- Note: The broken line in the diagram above denotes the general ambit of regulation by the Rail Regulator.
- As was stated in Factortame, section 20 must be given a " restricted ambit " because of its penal nature.Advertisement
- - In the first operations of Oct., already described, Adrianople had come within the ambit of the general battle, and it was not till after the Turks had retreated away towards the Kara Aghach line that operations in front of the fortress assumed the typical siege characters of investment and concentric attack.
- Religion exists outside the ambit of science.
- The social context clearly constrains the teacher's freedom of choice and action, restricting the ambit of the teacher's autonomy.
- An attorney must operate within the ambit of the law when preparing a defense for his client.
- In the absence of evidence to the contrary, the ecclesiastical parish is presumed to be composed of a single township or vill, and to be conterminous with the manor within the ambit of which it is comprised.Advertisement
- It so far exceeded the reasonable ambit of his discretion on quantum as to be plainly wrong.
- It is therefore necessary to consider the ambit of the adjudicator's powers.
- His careful and well-reasoned decision was well within the " generous ambit " within which reasonable men might differ.
- And to escape the narrow ambit of my own life and see what other people are up to.
- It all began when the workers at the Kellogg factory in north Wales decided on the lofty ambit... Life after Wylfa?Advertisement