Ambiguously sentence example
- I dislike my boss's ambiguously worded emails because they require me to ask for clarification before taking action.
- In the case of the "moral law" (see Ethics) the term is employed somewhat ambiguously because of its connexion with both meanings.
- Carell and Stephen Colbert voiced the characters on The Ambiguously Gay Duo cartoons, formerly shown on The Dana Carvey Show, and later shown on Saturday Night Live.
- Colbert voiced Ace in the Robert Smigel animated short The Ambiguously Gay Duo, which aired on both Dana Carvey and SNL.
- Secondarily, the thing itself is ambiguously said to be true in the sense of being signified as it is.Advertisement
- My landlord was forced to return my deposit after I pointed out that the cancellation clause in my lease was ambiguously worded.
- The actor's ambiguously defined sexuality was the subject of much speculation, but he refused to comment on his private romantic relationships.
- The ambiguously written ending of the novel had fans clamoring for a sequel so they could confirm what happened to the main character.
- For example, as I am weary and am conscious of being weary, my judgment and proposition that I am weary are true because they signify what I am and know myself to be by direct consciousness; and my being weary is ambiguously said to be true because it is so signified.