Amalek sentence example
- Josephus used the name Idumaea as including not only Gobalitis, the original Mount Seir, but also Amalekitis, the land of Amalek, west of this, and Akrabatine, the ancient Acrabbim,, S.W.
- It is of uncertain date; if the historical Amalek is meant, it may be early; but Amalek may be symbolical.
- The Battle with Amalek at Rephidim.-This incident is derived from E, but is clearly out of place in its present context.
- Bless his counsels, his undertakings, and his work; strengthen his kingdom by Thine almighty hand, and give him victory over his enemy, even as Thou gavest Moses the victory over Amalek, Gideon over Midian, and David over Goliath.
- The question is further complicated by the account of Joshua's overthrow of Amalek apparently in the Sinaitic peninsula.Advertisement