Alums sentence example
- The sulphate decomposes into sulphuric acid and the trioxide on warming with water, and differs from aluminium sulphate in not forming alums.
- The bitartrates RbHC 4 H 4 0 6 and CsHC 4 H 4 O 6 have been employed, as have also the alums (see above).
- It forms double salts with the sulphates of the metals of the alkalis, known as the alums (see Alum).
- Yale alums Stephen Kahn and Chris Edgar began talking about their ideas for selling clothing for teens in 1993, and the first Delia's mail-order catalog was available the next year.
- American Idol Alums Constantine Maroulis and Kellie Pickler have split up.Advertisement
- Many alums go onto successful careers and become prominent representatives of the institution in the communities where they live and work.
- Unlike some of her fellow American Idol alums, Sparks seems to have made the transition to respected artist easily and has earned the respect of her peers who broke into the charts sans TV show.
- In a similar way potassium and ammonium cobalt alums have been obtained.
- The solubility of the various alums in water varies greatly, sodium alum being readily soluble in water, whilst caesium and rubidium alums are only sparingly soluble.
- Such phenomena are well known in the alums - double sulphates of aluminium with another metal.Advertisement
- The iron alums are obtained by crystallizing solutions of equivalent quantities of ferric and an alkaline sulphate.