Almonry sentence example
- On the 16th of August 1404, he signed an agreement with the prior and convent for three monks to sing daily three masses in his beautiful chantry chapel in the nave of the cathedral, while the boys of the almonry, the cathedral.
- Other buildings include an Elizabethan town hall, the grammar school, founded by Abbot Lichfield, and the picturesque almonry.
- In England, the royal almonry still forms a part of the sovereign's household, the officers being the hereditary grand almoner (the marquess of Exeter), the lord high almoner, the sub-almoner, and the secretary to the lord high almoner.
- The almonry for the relief of the poor, with a great hall annexed, forms the paupers' hospitium.
- The inferior pilgrims and paupers were relegated to the north hall or almonry, just within the gate, as far as possible from the other two.Advertisement
- On one side of the gate-house (B) is a long building (C), probably the almonry, Citeaux.
- Finally, the pope has his special secretary, his auditor, with his offices, as well as the papal almonry, the officials of which administer the papal charities.