Alma-mater sentence example
- I think he had not realized his proximity to his old alma mater.
- The rhetorical schools experienced a brilliant revival under Constantine and his successors, when Athens became the alma mater of many notable men, including Julian, Libanius, Basil and Gregory of Nazianzus, and in her professors owned the last representatives of a humane and moralized paganism.
- His refusal to subscribe unconditionally to the rigid formula of belief adopted by the theologians of Tubingen permanently closed against him the gates of his alma mater.
- Some of the alma mater card programs donate to the college or university every time the cardholder makes a purchase.
- Music aficionados can enjoy the latest broadcasts from their alma mater no matter where they live through Internet radio.Advertisement
- The school also is the alma mater of House of Representatives member Steve Crisafulli and Saturday Night Live star Darrell Hammond.
- To avoid fraudulent he said quot in front of his alma mater.
- A multi-screen cinema, an Asian cinema and of course the historic Harrow School, alma mater of such notables as Sir Winston Churchill.