Allured sentence example
- In the prospectus of Law's great Compagnie des Indes Occidentales the cultivation of silk occupies a place among the glowing attractions which allured so many to disaster.
- Knowing and doing allured him equally, and in art, which consists in doing, his efforts were often paralysed by his strained desire to know.
- Both entered India as commercial companies, but the disorganized condition of the Mogul empire necessitated the use of military force to protect their interests, and allured them to conquest.
- They journeyed from city to city, attracted by promises of higher pay, and allured by ever-growing laurels of popular fame.
- When Tigranes had submitted, Pompey received him into favor and extended the Roman supremacy over the vassal states of Gordyene and Osroene; though he had allured the Parthian king with the prospect of the recovery of his old possessions as far as the Euphrates.Advertisement
- The measures taken to relieve distress had allured a multitude of needy and desperate men from the surrounding country.