Alloying sentence example
- The electrical conductivity of a metal is often very much decreased by alloying with it even small quantities of another metal.
- In England the following standards are used for plate and jewelry: 375, 500, 62 5, 75 0 and 916.6, corresponding to 9, 12, 15, 18 and 22 carats, the alloying metals being silver and copper in varying proportions.
- This explains the failure of boats built of commercially pure aluminium which have been put together with iron or copper rivets, and the decay of other boats built of a light alloy, in which the alloying metal (copper) has been injudiciously chosen.
- Alloying elements can be used to control the bulk microstructure of a steel and hence its hardness.
- The effects of alloying palladium on the associated cyclization chemistry will be discussed.Advertisement
- Gold can be made tougher and more durable by alloying with other metals.