Allicin sentence example
- Use garlic tablets, as there is little benefit in taking garlic oil which does not contain allicin.
- When garlic bulbs are crushed, alliin is converted into another compound called allicin.
- However, researchers now know that allicin is rapidly oxidized.
- The chemical responsible for the health benefits of garlic, allicin, is deactivated during cooking so garlic should be eaten raw when taken for medicinal purposes.
- These include allicin from garlic and onions, beta-carotene and vitamin C from dark green leafy vegetables and broccoli, and vitamin E from nuts and seeds.Advertisement