Allergic-response sentence example
- Eosinophils may be attracted to areas of antibody activity and eosinophilic myositis may be an allergic response.
- Lack of redness or swelling on a skin test indicates no allergic response.
- Presence of redness or swelling, especially over 5 mm (0.25 inch) in diameter, indicates an allergic response.
- Allergen-A foreign substance that provokes an immune reaction or allergic response in some sensitive people but not in most others.
- It displays a type of antibody called immunoglobulin type E (IgE) on its cell surface and participates in the allergic response by releasing histamine from intracellular granules.Advertisement
- The doctor selects the treatment based on the patient's particular patterns of allergic response.
- In many cases the disease is common, and in some cases an allergic response is causing the fever.
- When children have food sensitivities, bed-wetting may be helped by discovering the substances that trigger the allergic response and eliminating these substances from the child's diet.
- Antihistamines work by blocking the effects of histamine, a chemical released by mast cells during an allergic response to an allergen.
- Antihistamines attach to the areas on cells that histamines attach to, thereby blocking the allergic response.Advertisement
- Insect stings and the intravenous injection of certain drugs are the most common causes of anaphylaxis, the most severe and frightening allergic response.
- Serum sickness also can be an allergic response to animal proteins present in an injected drug.
- Occasionally an allergic response to a drug will cause a skin reaction resembling sunburn in the absence of sun exposure.
- This type of allergic response may develop over several days following contact with the allergen, and symptoms may persist for a week or more.
- Dermatitis may arise from an allergic response (such as from poison ivy) or exposure to an irritant causing nonimmune damage to skin cells (such as soap, cold, and chemical agents).Advertisement
- This allergic response is known as extreme local swelling.