Allegorized sentence example
- Moreover, the myths were rationalized and allegorized, which was not in either case an original procedure.
- They allegorized the Eucharist and explained away the bread and wine of which Jesus said to His apostles, "Take, eat and drink," as mere words of Christ, and denied that we ought to offer bread and wine as a sacrifice.
- Thus Philo had, in his life of Moses, allegorized the Pentateuchal narratives so as to represent him as mediator, saviour, intercessor of his people, the one great organ of revelation, and the soul's guide from the false lower world into the upper true one.
- We are told that Simon allegorized the wooden horse and " Helen with the lamp," 2 and applied them to himself and his E7rtvoca.
- In place of the real Christ of the Christians he proclaimed himself; and the Law he allegorized in accordance with his own preconceptions.Advertisement
- That the Osirian myth (much as it was elaborated and allegorized) originated in the same sort of fancy as the Tacullie story of the dismembered beaver out of whose body things were made is a conclusion not devoid of plausibility.