All-comers sentence example
- It was dedicated with great ceremony, probably between 430 and 420 B.C., and the famous Timotheus, son of Thersander, carried off the magnificent prize for a lyric ode against all comers.
- Inside these walls the Bijapur kings bade defiance to all comers.
- She beat all comers for a coveted Oscar in the Best Short Film, Live Action Category.
- The world champion table football team, challenge all comers!
- At the same time, we need to be prepared to take all comers.Advertisement
- The funftions of the champion were to ride into Westminster Hall at the coronation banquet, and challenge all comers to impugn the king's title (see Champion).