Alkaline-earth-metals sentence example
- This salt may be used for the separation of cobalt and nickel, since the latter metal does not form a similar double nitrite, but it is necessary that the alkaline earth metals should be absent, for in their presence nickel forms complex nitrites containing the alkaline earth metal and the alkali metal.
- The so-called alkaline earth-metals are the elements beryllium, magnesium, calcium, strontium and barium.
- The citrates are a numerous class of salts, the most soluble of which are those of the alkaline metals; the citrates of the alkaline earth metals are insoluble.
- When heated with the alkali and alkaline earth metals it yields silicon and the corresponding metallic chlorides.
- It combines directly with nitrogen, phosphorus, antimony and carbon, and with all the metals (except gold) to form selenides, of which those of the alkali and alkaline earth metals are soluble in water.Advertisement