Alhazen sentence example
- This was the part of his work on which Bacon most prided himself, and in it, we may add, he seems to owe most to the Arab writers Kindi and Alhazen.
- Vitello's work is to a very great extent based upon Alhazen and some of the earlier writers, and was first published in 53 5.
- Alhazen, quoted by Purchas in his quaint notice of Timur and referred to by Sir John Malcolm, can hardly be accepted as a serious authority.
- But, although the existence of this Alhazen of Jean de Bec has been believed by many, the more trustworthy critics consider the history and historian to be equally fictitious.
- He is to be distinguished from another Alhazen who translated Ptolemy's Almagest in the 10th century.Advertisement
- Alhazen was, nevertheless, a diligent and successful student, being the first great discoverer in optics after the time of Ptolemy.
- There are, however, very few allusions to these phenomena in the later classical Greek and Roman writers, and we find the first scientific investigation of them in the great optical treatise of the Arabian philosopher Alhazen, who died at Cairo in A.D.