Alemán sentence example
- During this time the council of Basel, though abandoned by Cesarini and most of its members, persisted none the less, under the presidency of Cardinal Aleman, in affirming its oecumenical character.
- The name Alemayn (Aleman) suggests a foreign origin.
- Marti joined the Valencian Academia de los nocturnos, under the name of "Atrevimiento," but is best known by another pseudonym, Mateo Lujan de Sayavedra, under which he issued an apocryphal continuation (1602) of Aleman's Guzman de Alfarache (1599).
- In 1440 Aleman obtained the support of the emperor Sigismund and of the duke of Milan to his views, and proclaiming the deposition of Pope Eugenius IV., placed the tiara upon the head of Amadeus VIII., duke of Savoy (henceforward known as antipope Felix V.).
- Eugenius retorted by excommunicating the antipope and depriving Aleman of all his ecclesiastical dignities.Advertisement