Albatrosses sentence example
- There is also a small export by the natives of the flesh of young albatrosses and other sea-birds, boiled down and cured, for the Maoris of New Zealand, by whom it is reckoned a delicacy.
- The sea-birds include a great variety of gulls, guillemots, cormorants, albatrosses (four species), fulmars and petrels, and in the Gulf of St Lawrence the gannet is very abundant.
- Covered with snow for the greater part of the year, and growing nothing but lichens, mosses and some scanty grass, the South Shetlands are of interest almost solely as a haunt of seals, albatrosses, penguins and other sea-fowl.
- Longline fishing for southern bluefin tuna also affects wandering albatrosses breeding on the Crozet Islands in the southern Indian Ocean.
- The island has the largest known colony of waved albatrosses, magnificent birds of enormous wing span.Advertisement
- Within minutes the first Black-browed albatrosses are whizzing past, often within meters of the boat.
- We will also try to make landings at Nightingale Island where millions of seabirds ranging from Yellow-nosed albatrosses to Brown Noddies reside.
- We have albatrosses breeding all over the island too - wandering albatrosses with a wingspan of 2.5 meters !
- This substance is to be distinguished from the black " fulminating 1 A name misapplied in the southern hemisphere to Diomedea naelanophrys, one of the albatrosses.