Alarmist sentence example
- His devotion to Protestantism made him feverishly alive to the perils which threatened the Reformation; and he took an alarmist view of every situation.
- The educated classes characteristically furnished Federalism with a remarkable body of alarmist leaders; and thus it happened that Jefferson, because, with only a few of his great contemporaries, he had a thorough trust and confidence in the people, became the idol of American democracy.
- Without wishing to sound alarmist, the direct and indirect effects of stress on health can be serious.
- It has fervent fans as well as many who dislike its alarmist style.
- Am I unduly alarmist to fear for the soul of my six-year-old innocent?Advertisement
- Any talk of an imminent collapse of the al-Saud regime is unnecessarily alarmist.
- I would not be too alarmist about his health.
- This is not alarmist - nor is it a response to any specific threat.
- We see the IMA quoting the fee range as between £ 500 and £ 1500 per day as rather alarmist.
- Or digging out scientists to explain that global warming is a pile of alarmist dog pooh.Advertisement
- Inflation is steadily if slowly receding despite the alarmist warnings of many experts.
- Moreover, independently of special incentives to the alarmist and the man of property, the opinions of many Americans turned again, after the war, into a current of sympathy for England, as naturally as American commerce returned to English ports.
- In his Almanac for 1707 a Protestant alarmist and plot vaticinator styled John Partridge warned customers against rivals and impostors.
- In 1819, when the marquess of Lansdowne brought forward his motion for an inquiry into the causes of the distress and discontent in the manufacturing districts, Grenville delivered an alarmist speech advocating repressive measures.
- Although this may seem alarmist we believe that you should be fully informed before making your choice.Advertisement
- Applied to the situation in Great Britain today, this of course sounds grossly alarmist.