Alamo sentence example
- Its recapture by Santa Anna, February-March 1836, was distinguished by the heroic defence of the mission (particularly the chapel of the Alamo) by Colonels William Barrett Travis, James Bowie and Davy Crockett, and 178 others against the attack of about 4000 Mexicans.
- Bonham, a native of South Carolina, who was killed in the Alamo.
- The Alamo car company was going to rue the day they offered me unlimited mileage.
- There are year-round and seasonal tours available to choose from, including walks that take you to Alamo Square, Haight-Ashbury, Japantown and many other neighborhoods and attractions.
- All 180 Texans died after the 13 day siege of the Alamo by a 4,000 to 5,000 strong Mexican army.Advertisement
- The Alamo is No Place for Dancing by The Scene Aestheic.
- The most notable of the plazas are Military, Main and Alamo.
- The call is automatically routed to the nearest open Alamo office.
- The Alamo, located in San Antonio, offers a wealth of American history for the history buff.
- There are year-round and seasonal tours available to choose from, including walks that take you to Alamo Square, the Haight-Ashbury, Japantown, and many other neighborhoods and attractions.Advertisement
- For example, popular movie characters from films such as The Alamo and Ben-Hur provided the inspiration for complete playsets that featured lithographed buildings, vehicles, and figurines.
- Several other local restaurants provide gluten-free options thanks in part to the efforts of the Alamo chapter of the Gluten Intolerance Group of North America.
- Texas won its independence on April 21, 1836 when Texans crying "Remember the Alamo!" overpowered Mexican invaders.
- Most locals suspect that the level of paranormal activity is related to the fact that the Menger was built in 1859 near the location where the battle of the Alamo took place 23 years earlier.
- The Mexicans under Santa Anna captured the Alamo on the 6th of March 1836 and slaughtered its garrison of 183 men; on the 20th of the same month they captured Fannin and his force of 371 men, and a week later slaughtered all except twenty who escaped.Advertisement