Al-anon sentence example
- One of the most famous groups, Al-Anon, is for family, friends, and youth who have suffered from the behavior of an alcoholic who is close to them.
- Al-Anon and its youth group Alateen have over 26,000 meetings in 115 countries.
- No fees or dues are required, but voluntary donations help keep Al-Anon funded.
- Like Alcoholics Anonymous, Al-Anon believes that total abstinence is the only way to control a drinking problem.
- Al-Anon is a spiritual, but not necessarily religious, fellowship.Advertisement
- Healing within Al-Anon and Alateen is based on the same principles of Alcoholics Anonymous.
- If you answered yes to any of the questions, then a support group like Al-Anon or Alateen may be beneficial.
- Al-Anon and Alateen are not the only support groups available for family and friends of alcoholics.
- Alcoholics Anonymous and Al-Anon offer support for alcoholics and their families.
- Parental support groups such as Tough Love programs and twelve-step groups such as Al Anon can help parents to better understand the problem they facing and can help make them aware that they not alone and that they have options.Advertisement
- Because parents of alcoholic children often believe they are responsible for their child's drinking, the Three C's that Al Anon offers its participants may be particularly helpful.
- Tough Love's approach is different from that of Al Anon.
- Programs include AA, Narcotics Anonymous (NA), Al-Anon, Adult Children of Alcoholics (ACOA), Alateen, and Co-Dependence Anonymous (CODA).