Ajar sentence example
- She made sure the door was ajar so that she could hear what was going on inside the room.
- The door was ajar and the phone was on the hall table.
- The back door was ajar so that the dog could come and go.
- Her door was ajar and the chill from an open window washed over him.
- The kitchen cabinet door was ajar and a pan was sticking out.Advertisement
- Mom told her son to leave the door ajar when he left so that he would not need his keys to return.
- Her door was ajar and the chill from an open window washed over him as he cautiously approached; now somehow knowing what lay beyond.
- Finally, he thought he felt a breeze and quietly rose to see if giggly Gladys and her tipsy admirer might have left the front door ajar.
- Her door was ajar and the chill from an open window washed over him as he approached, somehow knowing what lay beyond.
- A casual observer wouldn't have noticed but the door was ajar and the phone was on the wrong side of the hall table.Advertisement
- In north west winds the secret harbor shows its one weakness - its small entrance lies slightly ajar to the north west.
- He went out of the cell, maneuvered the trolley inside and closed the door until it was just a little ajar.
- It's mouth just ajar gave us a glimpse of its large canines.
- The Ajar, Akhalt-sikh and Meskes or Trialety groups in the west are succeeded farther east by the Somkhet, Murguz, Ganji and Karabakh sections, forming the southern rim of the Kura basin, while parallel with them, but farther south, run the Mokry, Miskhan, Akmangan and Paltapin ranges, marking the northern edge of the Aras drainage area.
- If you can leave them in the oven overnight with the door a bit ajar, this will help them dry out more.Advertisement
- Go back to the locker room and the locker that you couldn't open before is now ajar, giving you access to a machine gun and ammunition.