Airstrip sentence example
- We shall see the plane landing on the beach - the island's famous airstrip.
- In June 1942 the Japanese began building an airstrip on this plain.
- Your ' avi page ' mentions a Porsche using the airstrip for a private practice.
- The village had an airstrip which in the past had been used regularly by the Missionary air service.
- This was noted to be a shanty town with an airstrip.Advertisement
- Captain Gerlach made an emergency landing on an improvised airstrip and made preparations to take off with his precious cargo.
- Two player mode in Bone County Platform: PC Starting at the abandoned airstrip, go west and north onto the road.
- Landing on the tiny airstrip at Lukla in the Everest region of Nepal is an adventure in itself.
- There's a trail from Ambua's private airstrip to the lower end of their property.
- With rugged road access and a small airstrip, the area is very much off the beaten path.Advertisement
- Closer to the town is Mutare airfield, a civil operated field with a grass airstrip.
- The dirt airstrip at Lukla is cut into a terrace at right angles to the main valley.
- The expedition starts with a flight from Chile to Patriot Hills, an ice airstrip at 80 degrees south on the Antarctic continent.
- We fly into the mountain airstrip at Lukla and trek north along the banks of the Dudh Kosi river.
- From the airstrip at Coca a motorized canoe takes us for a two-hour trip along the Napo River, to Sacha Lodge.Advertisement
- Planes brought others of the privileged, settling on the new airstrip, which was ablaze with landing and fairy lights.
- Additional camping facilities include a number of hike and bike-in campsites, primitive fly-in campsites located next to an airstrip, and a horse camp.