Air-raids sentence example
- There were three german air raids on the Hartlepools during the First World War.
- Beryl Griffin used her German Shepherds during World War II to find victims hidden in ruble from air raids.
- Anderson shelters were small bomb shelters designed to protect families from enemy air raids.
- Later, Italian fashion designer Elsa Schiaparelli designed one especially for air raids - it was the same functional style, complete with a gas mask, flask and velvet turban.
- Repeated air-raids took place in the vicinity and there were several bombardments from the sea, but Richborough itself was never seriously damaged, the low-lying, featureless character of the marshland probably affording its best protection, more especially at night.Advertisement
- The present sculpture is modern, as the abbey was destroyed by air raids in the Second World War, but since rebuilt.
- On September 1, 1939, as the war broke out, Warsaw suffered the first German air raids on a major city.
- Sontag also called air raids cowardly, but said that terrorists who were prepared to die to kill others were anything but cowards.
- Wardens had to keep a logbook of air raids.