Aimless sentence example
- Robert fled from Normandy and after aimless wanderings obtained from King Philip the castle of Gerberoi, in the Beauvaisis, from which he harassed the Norman marches.
- And without knowing how this aimless lie had escaped him, he went along with resolute and triumphant steps between the French soldiers.
- Such is Koheleth's view of life, and it is obvious that such a conception of an aimless cosmos is thoroughly non-Jewish, if we may judge Jewish thought by the great body of the extant literature.
- By contrast Large Whites flutter and wander in a seemingly aimless fashion, tossed by the breeze.
- Proverbs 29:1 Malachi's question is not aimless or theoretical.Advertisement
- To begin with, how many realize the significance of the boxing and apparently aimless chasing that gives rise to the expression?
- It's a great way to add some narrative to the game, unlike many other MMORPGs which tend to feel rather aimless.
- The spatial quality is open and airy, if somewhat aimless.
- I don't do much aimless InterWeb tomfoolery anymore.
- We still seemed aimless, but at least the regular threats from Stourport did now prompt some attacking reposts.Advertisement
- His enrollment at Edinburgh College Of Art when he was 24, ended his completely aimless wanderings.
- It may be urged that if none of the phenomena is genuine we have to assume a large amount of apparently aimless trickery in non-professional mediums. But it must be borne in mind that the most excellent moral character in the medium is no guaranteee against trickery, unless it can be proved that he was in no abnormal mental condition when the phenomena occurred; and extraordinary deceptions are known to have been carried on by hysterical patients and others with no apparent motive.
- Many incidents of those early years are fixed in my memory, isolated, but clear and distinct, making the sense of that silent, aimless, dayless life all the more intense.
- John recoiled from the idle casuistry which occupied his own logical contemporaries; and, mindful probably of their aimless ingenuity, he adds the caution that dialectic, valuable and necessary as it is, is " like the sword of Hercules in a pigmy's hand " unless there be added to it the accoutrement of the other sciences.
- Unfortunately, the hope Tara found in Miss Jeannette's actions left Tara angry and aimless, lashing out at the people in her life including cousin Lafayette; best friend Sookie; and bar owner, boss and sometime lover Sam.Advertisement
- When they were out of the village they began talking again as loud as before, interlarding their talk with the same aimless expletives.