Aiguille sentence example
- From the Rocher des Trois Eveques the watershed runs due north for a long distance, though of the two loftiest peaks of this region one, the Aiguille de Chambeyron (11,155 ft.), is just to the west, and the other, the Monte Viso (12,609 ft.), is just to the east of the watershed.
- Hence the main watershed extends eastwards, culminating in the Aiguille de Scolette (11,500 ft.), but makes a great curve to the north-west and back to the south-east before rising in the Rochemelon (11,605 ft.), which may be considered as a re-entering angle in the great rampart by which Italy is guarded from its neighbours.
- Once more the chain bends to the north-west, rising in several lofty peaks (the highest is the Aiguille de la Grande Sassiere, 12,323 ft.), before attaining the considerable depression of the Little St Bernard Pass.
- 10,214 9,777 9,593 9,492 9,475 9,446 Aiguille du Chardonnet Cima di Jazzi.
- Chï¿½au des Dames ï¿½ Aiguille des Charmoz Aiguille du Tacul.Advertisement
- Nor did it fare much better with the high peaks, though the two earliest recorded ascents were due to non-natives, that of the Rochemelon in 1358 having been undertaken in fulfilment of a vow, and that of the Mont Aiguille in 1492 by order of Charles VIII.
- (2) After 1st January 1858:-Dom (1858), Aletschhorn, Bietschhorn and Grand Conmbin (all in 1859), Grand Paradis and Grande Casse (both in 1860), Weisshorn, Monte Viso, Gross Schreckhorn, Lyskamm and Wildspitze (all in 1861), Dent Blanche, Monte della Disgrazia and Taschhorn (all in 1862), Marmolata, Presanella, Pointe des Ecrins and Zinal Rothhorn (all in 1864), Matterhorn, Ober Gabelhorn, Aiguille Verte and Piz Roseg (all in 1865), Langkofel (1869), Cimon della Pala (1870), Rosengarten (1872), Meije (1877), Aiguille du Dru (1878), Punta dell' Argentera (1879), Aiguille des Charmoz (1880), Aiguille de Grepon (1881) and Aiguille du Geant (1882).
- It is a poor and hilly district, the highest summits (the loftiest is the Aiguille de Chambeyron, 11,155 ft.) rising round the head waters of the Ubaye.
- 14,758 Mont Maudit 14,669 Dent Blanche 14,318 Dome du Goiter 14,210 Grand Combin 14,164 Castor 13,879 Zinal Rothhorn 13,856 Alphubel 13,803 Grandes JorassesÃ¯¿½ 13,797 RimpfischhornÃ¯¿½ 13,790 Strahlhorn .Ã¯¿½ 13,751 Dent d'Herens 13,715 Zermatt BreithornÃ¯¿½ 13,685 Aiguille Verte .Ã¯¿½ 13,541 Ober Gabelhorn..
- Aiguille du Midi Tour Noir Aiguille des Glaciers.Advertisement
- ChÃ¯¿½au des Dames Ã¯¿½ Aiguille des Charmoz Aiguille du Tacul.
- 14,758 Mont Maudit 14,669 Dent Blanche 14,318 Dome du Goiter 14,210 Grand Combin 14,164 Castor 13,879 Zinal Rothhorn 13,856 Alphubel 13,803 Grandes Jorassesï¿½ 13,797 Rimpfischhornï¿½ 13,790 Strahlhorn .ï¿½ 13,751 Dent d'Herens 13,715 Zermatt Breithornï¿½ 13,685 Aiguille Verte .ï¿½ 13,541 Ober Gabelhorn..