Agrostis sentence example
- The swamps are full of huge reeds, bordered with tamarisk jungles, and in its lower reaches, where the water stretches out into great marshes, the river is clogged with a growth of agrostis.
- Of the best hay and pasture grasses, Agropyrum Elymus, Stipa, Bromus, Agrostis, Calamagrostes and Poa, there are 59 species.
- The six races he named P. graminis Secalis, Tritici, Avenae, Airae, Agrostis, Poae.
- The last three forms grow only on the genera Aira, Agrostis and Poa respectively.
- Agrostis is a large world-wide genus, but especially developed in the north temperate zone, where it includes important meadowgrasses.Advertisement
- A dull gray green sometimes tinged with purple, Agrostis.
- Cloud Grass (Agrostis) - A family of grasses, the annual kinds graceful when dried.