Agro sentence example
- In the agro Romano, or zone immediately around Rome, land is as a rule left for pasturage.
- Considerable trade is done in agro di limone or lemon extract, which forms the basis of citric acid.
- Agro allows you to plow through the competition, swatting aside any car that gets in your way.
- Since 1884 the Italian Government have been systematically enclosing, pumping dry, and generally draining the marshes of the Agro Romano, that is, the tracts around Ostia; the Isola Sacra, at the mouth of the Tiber; and Maccarese.
- The wheat crop in 1906 in the Agro Romano was 8,108, 500 bushels, the Indian corn 3,314,000 bushels, the wine 12,100,000.Advertisement