Agonists sentence example
- These could include alternative forms of injectable opioid maintenance using longer-acting agonists such as methadone and partial agonists such as buprenorphine.
- The Nottingham team is now planning to do a similar study assessing response to longer acting beta-2 agonists.
- Both vascular and airway smooth muscles relax in response to beta adrenergic agonists via cyclic AMP.
- Short-acting ÃŸ2 agonists should be used as the initial treatment for COPD patients to relieve breathlessness.
- Detoxification using adrenergic alpha-2 agonists An excess of noradrenaline at the synapses is responsible for many of the withdrawal symptoms.Advertisement
- Thus, the fact that lithium potentiates the epileptogenic effects of cholinergic agonists may be explained by its presynaptic effects.
- In general, GnRH agonists are not prescribed for more than six months.
- This medicine belongs to a group of drugs called serotonin agonists.
- More generally, over 100 molecules are in development as apoptosis agonists, although approaching 70% of these remain in preclinical development.
- Effective drugs for combating motion sickness include antihistamines, antimuscarinics, 5-HT1A (serotonergic) receptor agonists and neurokinin type 1 receptor antagonists.Advertisement
- Toll-like receptor 2 and 4 (TLR2 and TLR4) agonists differentially regulate secretory interleukin-1 receptor antagonist gene expression in macrophages.
- The mouse vas deferens turned out to be an extremely sensitive quantitative assay for CB1 agonists.
- However, of the agonists tested, only ADP was able to stimulate thymidine uptake.
- Drugs called GABA agonists, such as baclofen and carbamazepine, are useful in treatment of seesaw nystagmus and PAN, if the nystagmus is acquired and not congenital.
- Quick relief medications include short-acting, inhaled beta2 agonists and anticholinergics.Advertisement
- Long-acting medications include leukotriene modifiers, mast cell stabilizers, inhaled and oral corticosteroids, long-acting beta2 agonists, and methylxanthines.
- The short-acting forms of beta-receptor agonists are the best choice for relieving sudden attacks of asthma and for preventing attacks triggered by exercise.
- Long-acting beta-2 agonists are used for better control-not relief-of asthma symptoms.