Agnatic sentence example
- The most elementary of these groups is the maegth, the association of agnatic and cognatic relations.
- Thus transition was made possible from an agnatic society based on blood ties to one based on contiguity.
- It is clear that agnatic succession prevailed among the princely families of the Cherusci, and the general account given in the Germania seems to imply that this type of organization was normal.
- On the whole it seems not unlikely that at the beginning of the Christian era the Teutonic peoples of the continent were in a state of transition from cognatic to agnatic organization.
- And as the legal manumission dissolved a son's previous agnatic relationships, so, too, the person baptized gave up father and mother, &c., and became one of a society of brethren the bond between whom was not physical but spiritual.Advertisement