Agha sentence example
- There are two harbours, both artificial - the old or northern harbour and the southern or Agha harbour.
- An opening in the south jetty affords an entrance into Agha harbour, constructed in Agha Bay.
- Agha harbour has also an independent entrance on its southern side.
- The eastern limits of Hashtadan had been previously fixed as far north as the Hari Rud river at Toman Agha.
- Ismail Agha Shekak, better known as Simko, living between Van and Urmia, murdered the patriarch of the Nestorians, who fled to Persian territory and called upon the Russians to avenge the murder.Advertisement
- Ten per cent of the value of the prizes was paid to the treasury of the pasha or his successors, who bore the titles of Agha or Dey or Bey.
- He wrote a romance, Hermann Agha (London, 1872), A Narrative of a Year's Journey through Central and Eastern Arabia (London, 1865), Essays on Eastern Questions (London, 1872), and other works.