Agammaglobulinemia sentence example
- X-linked agammaglobulinemia is an inherited disease stemming from a defect on the X chromosome, consequently affecting more males than females.
- All classes of immunoglobulin antibodies are decreased in agammaglobulinemia.
- Immunoglobulin heavy chain deletion, a form of agammaglobulinemia, is a genetic disorder in which part of the antibody molecule is absent.
- X-linked agammaglobulinemia is an example of this disease.
- The congenital immunodeficiency disorder, Bruton's agammaglobulinemia, also known as X-linked agammaglobulinemia, results in a decrease or absence of B lymphocytes and, therefore, a decreased ability to make antibodies.Advertisement
- Patients with Bruton's agammaglobulinemia must be given periodic infusions of pooled immunoglobulin from multiple donors.
- People with Bruton's agammaglobulinemia who are given IVIG infusions generally live into their 30s or 40s.
- Bruton's agammaglobulinemia is a disorder that is present at birth (congenital) and is characterized by low or completely absent levels of immunoglobulins in the bloodstream.
- Bruton's agammaglobulinemia is also known as X-linked agammaglobulinemia (XLA).
- The maturation process depends on an enzyme called Bruton's agammaglobulinemia tyrosine kinase (Btk).Advertisement
- Bruton's agammaglobulinemia tyrosine kinase (Btk)-An enzyme vital for the maturation of B cells.