Against-the-grain sentence example
- It goes against the grain.
- A film which in many respects goes against the grain and openly challenges consumerism.
- Father, help us, these are hard sayings and they run against the grain of our natural depravity.
- He writes ' It goes against the grain for a scientist to be so intellectually lazy.
- Going against the grain of your facial hair will allow the powder to "highlight" the hair, essentially making it stand out.Advertisement
- Riding so quickly in the outdoors can be uncomfortable since you are oftentimes riding against the grain of nature.
- Starting in 1927, Naturalizer went against the grain of super-high heels and shoes that looked fantastic but offered little in the way of support.
- As the name implies, Rebel Footwear goes against the grain.
- But the idea of wearing something that was associated solely with women has gone against the grain for most men.
- Vain and imaginative, Th his reputation was enormously enhanced by his Economies royales; he was no innovator, and being a true representative of the nation at that period, like it he was but lukewarm towards reform, accepting it always against the grain.Advertisement