Afue sentence example
- This will lower the amount of gas you require to run the furnace, making even a furnace with a slightly lower AFUE rating more efficient.
- The measure used to determine how well a furnace was running is known as an Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) rating.
- Today's high efficiency furnaces are available with an AFUE of up to 96.7%, which translates into a serious savings on your gas bill each winter.
- And while 78% AFUE is a significant improvement over a 20 year old furnace you may have in your home, it's not classified as high efficiency by the DOE.
- You need to see the actual AFUE of the furnace you are considering.Advertisement
- You may find that purchasing a unit with one or two percentage points lower AFUE rating will actually save you more after the installation costs have been taken into consideration.