Afore sentence example
- No, Pete spotted them afore they saw us, so we got away.
- Edward Wright died, as has been mentioned, in 1615, and his son, Samuel Wright, in the preface states that his father " gave much commendation of this work (and often in my hearing) as of very great use to mariners "; and with respect to the translation he says that " shortly after he had it returned out of Scotland, it pleased God to call him away afore he could publish it."
- afore ye go!
- But as the reid sun gaed doun, whit soud thay see but laund afore the ship?
- He was a frequent visitor to Peckham while attending rehearsals of his first major play afore Night Come at the Royal Shakespeare.Advertisement
- For nou she wes ettlin for ti be mistress o aw the grandeur afore hir een.
- poor young beggars, they all has their troubles afore ' em!
- Even old Grandpa got rite frisky afore de weekend wuz over.
- Then, afore A knows wher A um, ma troosers get yanked doon an A get a jag on ma bum.
- SIMON I hope Your grace will hear the jest afore you go.Advertisement
- whit soud thay see but laund afore the ship?
- c. 3) provided that "of all manner of contracts, pleas and quarrels, and other things rising within the bodies of the counties as well by land as by water, and also of wreck of the sea, the admiral's court shall have no manner of cognizance, power, nor jurisdiction; but all such manner of contracts, pleas and quarrels, and all other things rising within the bodies of counties, as well by land as by water, as afore, and also wreck of the sea, shall be tried, determined, discussed and remedied by the laws of the land, and not before nor by the admiral, nor his lieutenant in any wise.