Afire sentence example
- The forest to the north was afire, the dead strewn around the north and south walls.
- His body afire, Darian belted out a laugh of pain-filled triumph.
- The familiar warmth, his intensity -- both lit her blood afire, and she couldn't help but imagine what his hot, talented tongue could do to other parts of her body.
- After Night Court, Post appeared in another sitcom called Hearts Afire, co-starring with John Ritter.
- Their kissing grew frantic, their petting setting them both afire.Advertisement
- Their series writing credits include Hearts afire, Good Advice and Dream On.
- He stared in amazement as sparks went down the front of his shirt and set his chest hair afire.
- A long, luminous sunbeam fell across the landing, touching the edge of her hair till it glimmered like bronze afire.
- For where they had come once, they would come again, next time in greater numbers, afire with righteous wrath.
- He was trying not to let the feel of Katie.s skin heat his blood, but her nearness and direct gaze lit him afire.Advertisement
- But it was the raw thrill at the idea of having her in his bed every night that lit his blood afire.
- The moment their lips met, lightning flew through her, setting every nerve afire with awareness unlike anything she'd felt before.
- His personality was that of a well-instructed, outwardly cold, because cool and calculating man, essentially receptive, afire for only one idea: the highest possible development of the French monarchy, internally and externally, as against both the secular powers and the Church.
- The thought of his blood lit her afire, almost as much as the sight of his bare chest.