Afforestation sentence example
- Alfalfa, stock raising and dairying, afforestation, " dry-farming " and irrigation are, however, proving that the West can maintain prosperity by not relying upon ordinary agriculture.
- The tract derives its name from the extensive afforestation carried through in this region by William the Conqueror in 1079; and the deaths of two of his sons within its confines - Richard killed by a stag, and William Rufus by an arrow - were regarded in their generation as a judgment of Heaven for the cruelty and injustice perpetrated by their father when appropriating the forest.
- Evelyn put in a plea for afforestation, and besides producing a valuable work on arboriculture, he was able to assert in his preface to the king that he had really induced landowners to plant many millions of trees.
- mesotrophic loch in Tayside that has had no recent agricultural improvement or afforestation within its catchment.
- The only known naturally mesotrophic loch in Tayside that has had no recent agricultural improvement or afforestation within its catchment.Advertisement
- Yet although the curve of burned lands parallels the curve of afforested lands, afforested lands, afforestation is only a minor part of the problem.