Afflicts sentence example
- Providence, incensed at such cruelty, turns Tiridates into a wild boar, and afflicts his subjects with madness; but his sister, Chosrowidukht, has a revelation to bring Gregory back out of his pit.
- The Gen-2 is neat and attractive, avoiding that heaviness of appearance that afflicts so many modern cars.
- The same penchant also afflicts lawmakers at all levels.
- A migraine typically afflicts one side of the head, but can last for days at a time.
- Heartburn afflicts most adults at some point, but can often be alleviated with antacid medications.Advertisement
- Hemophilia C afflicts one in 100,000 people and is the second most common bleeding disorder among women.