Afflictions sentence example
- " The Messiah invokes all the sufferings, pain, and afflictions of Israel to come upon Him.
- She lived to a great age, and would gladly have lived longer, in any of the afflictions that time brings on, to continue her mere money-worth to her "Dizzy."
- Mehemet Alis great strength lay in the devotion of the citizens of Cairo, who looked on him as a deliverer from their afflictions; and great numbers armed themselves, advising constantly with Mehemet Ali, having the sayyid Omar and the sheiks at their head, and guarding the town at night.
- There he was struck down by fever; and on the 15th of August 1464 death had released him from all his afflictions - a tragic close which has thrown a halo round his memory.
- Domestic afflictions combined with numerous and painful infirmities to embitter his old age.Advertisement
- The premature death and high talents of these young men, and the association of one of them with the most popular poem of the age, have made Hallam's family afflictions better known than any other incidents of his life.
- They speak of the "breathing time" which they have had of late, and their hope that God would, as they say, "incline the magistrates' hearts so for to tender our consciences as that we might be protected by them from wrong, injury, oppression and molestation"; and then they proceed: "But if God withhold the magistrates' allowance and furtherance herein, yet we must, notwithstanding, proceed together in Christian communion, not daring to give place to suspend our practice, but to walk in obedience to Christ in the profession and holding forth this faith before mentioned, even in the midst of all trials and afflictions, not accounting our goods, lands, wives, children, fathers, mothers, brethren, sisters, yea, and our own lives, dear unto us, so that we may finish our course with joy; remembering always that we ought to obey God rather than men."
- Our merit and progress consist not in many pleasures and comforts but rather in enduring great afflictions and sufferings.
- The prophets were not preserved from bodily afflictions in which category sorcery falls.
- During her later years, she was subject to severe unspecified domestic afflictions.Advertisement
- An oil obtained from the inner bark is astringent and is used in the treatment of various skin afflictions, especially eczema and psoriasis.
- Do you need help for other afflictions, such as eating disorders, trauma and abuse, psychological and mental health issues?
- Allergic rhinitis (AR) is the most common allergic condition and one of the most common of all minor afflictions.
- A shoe stretcher can eliminate at least part of your foot discomfort by creating more space for your foot-and your foot afflictions, if applicable.