Affirmations sentence example
- These affirmations provoked very keen protests in the ecclesiastical world.
- The hypothesis of "two voices" is now generally abandoned; there is no indication of a debate, of affirmations and responses.
- Use positive affirmations to attract the things you want test.
- Parliament subsequently, by a new act, permitted affirmations to be used, and thenceforward religion, or the absence of religion, was no disqualification for a seat in the House of Commons.
- There are many techniques for meditation, from sitting and breathing to staring at a candle to repeating affirmations.Advertisement
- An affirmations curtain, with silly phrases written on what looks like Stickies.
- Also, healthy, positive affirmations, as well as tips for keeping motivated are available.
- Knowledge, he says, is perception of relations among ideas; it is expressed in our affirmations and negations; and real knowledge is discernment of the relations of ideas to what is real.
- There are also a number of background echoed affirmations, which pan from left to right in your headphones.
- Then I say five positive affirmations, walk widdershins three times around the desk and meditate before my potted plant . . . OK, I'm joking.Advertisement
- It doesn't matter, though - for a fan of Miley, these pictures are all affirmations of their devotion.
- In Some Dogmas of Religion (1906), he uses " dogma " of affirmations, whether supported by reasoning or merely asserted, if they claim " metaphysical " value, metaphysics being defined as " the systematic study of the ultimate nature of reality."
- " Pro-consuls "are frequently appointed for the purpose of administering oaths, taking affidavits or affirmations, and performing notarial acts under the Commissioners for Oaths Acts 1889.
- The third period, beginning about 1885, has been one of rationalism, recognition of universal religion, large acceptance of the scientific method and ideas and an ethical attempt to realize the higher affirmations of Christianity.
- These affirmations are profoundly hypnotic and soothing, allowing you to absorb the affirmation on a very deep level.Advertisement
- Although, however, he adds that at this point he suspended his religious inquiries, " acquiescing with implicit belief in the tenets and mysteries which are adopted by the general consent of Catholics and Protestants," his readers will probably do him no great injustice if they assume that even then it was rather to the negations than to the affirmations of Protestantism that he most heartily assented.