Aesir sentence example
- The later work opens with the Ynglinga Saga, a brief history of the pretended immigration into Sweden of the Aesir, of their successors in that country, the kings of Upsala, and of the oldest Norwegian kings, their descendants.
- This family of deities were collectively known as Vanir, and are said to have once been hostile to the Aesir, to whom Odin belonged.
- The goddess Frigg remarks, " Ye should never talk of your old doings before men, of what ye two Aesir went through in old times."
- The most important god is Odin, the son of Bestla and Bor, the husband of Frigg, the father of Balder and many other sons, the head of the Aesir stock of gods.
- The gods were divided into two - not always friendly - stocks, the Aesir and Vanir.Advertisement