Aeon sentence example
- The Aeon is not an official Nokia creation.
- This they called " the present aeon " (age).
- This victory inaugurates the entrance of the " aeon to come," in which the faithful Jews would enter their inheritance.
- This same purpose, namely, to hold fast to the historic Jesus, triumphed in the doctrine of the Trinity; Jesus was not to be resolved into an aeon or into some mysterious tertium quid, neither God nor man, but to be recognized as very God who redeemed the soul.
- AEON, a term often used in Greek (aion) to denote an indefinite or infinite duration of time; and hence, by metonymy, a being that exists for ever.Advertisement
- The font was viewed as the womb of the virgin mother church, who was in some congregations, for example, in the early churches of Gaul, no abstraction, but a divine aeon watching over and sympathizing with the children of her womb, the recipient even of hymns of praise and humble supplications.
- The Nokia Aeon was unveiled to the world near the end of 2006, before the iPhone hit the market and made everyone clamor over touchscreen cell phones.
- Instead of having a conventional keypad, the Nokia Aeon concept contains a pair of touch panels.
- Their hopes were therefore directed to " the coming aeon."
- aeon took on strange garbs for long eons of years, And now in the soul of yourself It appears.Advertisement
- aeon have to see and we have to hear already for countless eons.
- It is quite true that Paul does not directly attack the speculative position, but rather indicates the practical dangers inherent therein (the denial of the supremacy of Christ and of full salvation through Him); he does not say that the errorists hold Christ to be a mere angel or an aeon, or that words like pleroma (borrowed perhaps from their own vocabulary) involve a rigorous dualism.
- He himself hopes, with his followers, to live to see the decisive turn of things, the dawn of the new and better aeon.
- Only they must " make haste to do aright," lest while they delay the tower be finished (4.4), and the new aeon dawn (after the final tribulation: cf.
- With this figure of the mothergoddess who descends into the lower world seems to be closely connected the idea of the fallen Sophia, which is so widespread among the Gnostic systems. This Sophia then is certainly no longer the dominating figure of the light-world, she is a lower aeon at the extreme limit of the world of light, who sinks down into matter (Barbelognostics, the anonymous Gnostic of Irenaeus, Bardesanes, Pistis-Sophia), or turns in presumptuous love towards the supreme God (Bu06s), and thus brings the Fall into the world of the aeons (Valentinians).Advertisement
- Aeon >>